Wednesday, July 3, 2013

This Week I'm... #1

It's Wednesday. This is not an ordinary Wednesday, though, for today I start posting again. I think something fun to do is tell y'all what I'm loving this week. So, let's get started.

MUSIC:
Recently I've been obsessed with all things Emmy Rossum. I mean, what's not to love? She's gorgeous, an amazing singer and actress, plus she's so sweet! I've been adoring her debut album, Inside Out. It's so laid back and dreamy sounding, perfect for listening to in summer. 

As far as anything not Emmy, I've been shuffling through my (considerable) music library and rediscovering things I loved a few years ago. Topping the list as far as albums go:

Heroes and Thieves- Vanessa Carlton (all of her songs are wonderful)
Jagged Little Pill- Alanis Morissette (does this one even need an introduction?)
Made of Bricks- Kate Nash (a wickedly brilliant lyricist- must listen to for fans of Lilly Allen)

BOOKS:
E is For Evidence- Sue Grafton. I've been reading my way through the series, so far loving all of them. But then, I'm a mystery fan.
Bitterblue- Kristin Cashore. A sequel to Graceling, this is actually my personal favorite of the series. I love how it reads almost like a mystery, while maintaining the storyline from Graceling and Fire.
Dark Inside- Jeyn Roberts. An oft-overlooked apocalyptic tale with a unique storyline that takes the "humans destroy themselves" storyline to a new level. More thought-provoking than one might think.

BEAUTY:
My no.1 favorite this week as far as makeup is concerned is without a doubt the ELF mineral infused mascara. While I'm iffy on the fancy mineral claims, the fact remains that this is an excellent mascara. It defines, lengthens and volumizes. For three dollars? Yes, please.

And that's it! Hope you like this, and I'll be updating it every week, so stay tuned.

-K


No comments:

Post a Comment