Thursday, July 18, 2013

My Top Ten Summer Eyeshadows

I love eyeshadow. Did you know that? I have quite the collection, but these are a few of my favorites for summer. As usual, they're swatched over an eyeshadow base, this is Essence I Love Stage, which I've been testing out.

L'Oreal Infalliable Eyeshadow in Golden Emerald. This is the only one I own, but I've been majorly lusting after the rest of the line. Smooth, incredibly pigmented, and such unique colors with depth. Iced Latte is next on my list. Hm. Maybe I should do a lust list sorta thing.

Ulta Eyeshadow in Calla Lily. My new favorite wash of color, it's a gorgeous pinky white color that's shimmery but not glittery, perfect for everyday. It has great pigmentation and you get a lot for the price- $2 if you can snag it on sale, like right now.

L'Oreal Eyeshadow #1 from Stacked Heels Quad. This shadow is not as pigmented as the rest of these, but it's such a lovely sheer purple with an iridescent flash, I just had to put it in.

NYX Shadow #2 from Shangri-La trio. It's a super pigmented demi-matte orange that definitely takes some guts to pull off, but looks perfect with blue eyes (unfortunately, I'm a brown eyed German). I believe this trio is discontinued, so if you can find it, buy it!

Rimmel darkest shadow from Sun Safari quad. It's a nice shimmery taupe for all of you taupe lovers out there, but since it's warm toned it's great for summer. I love the rest of the quad as well.

Revlon blue from Inspired quad. A sparkly blue that makes me think of ocean water, it's almost iridescent at the right angles. The pigmentation is decent.

Revlon green from Inspired quad. I don't suppose you can tell how much I like this quad, can you? It's another sheer color, but it's so glowy and glittery and fun.

Urban Decay's Venus, from Naked Basics palette. This shadow probably needs no introduction, but I'll rehash what you already know. It's a subdued shimmery white, perfect for highlighting or as an all over lid color.

Covergirl Flamed Out Eyeshadow in Melted Gold. It's a pigmented sparkly gold that goes on smoothly. Gold is probably my favorite eyeshadow color, and this one doesn't disappoint. I like to put it over Flower Beauty's Creme Shadow in Good as Mari-Gold.

And my only cream eyeshadow, Maybelline's Tenacious Teal Color Tattoo. A rich cream shadow with wicked payoff and a lovely shimmer, it works great as an eyeshadow, base, or an eyeliner.


Thanks for reading, and have a great summer!










No comments:

Post a Comment