Monday, August 19, 2013

Review- POP Bright Up Your Life in Naturally Bare

I had good intentions. I really did. But when I went to Ulta, this palette was calling my name. And since I am severely lacking neutral eyeshadows (muffled snort) it came home with me. What can I say? I am weak.

That all being said, I don't regret for a second buying the POP Beauty palette in Naturally Bare. Why? Perhaps you need some pictures.



First, the packaging is adorable. Flimsy, yes. But adorable, so it's forgiven. The shadows come in standard round pots. The bottom is rubber, that NARS-esque rubber that traps dirt and makeup like you wouldn't believe. Luckily, it's the bottom. Now, on to the shadows. All are swatched without primer.

The first color is a shimmery white. To me, it's reminiscent of UD's Venus, perhaps less warm. A nice shimmery highlight. It's pigmented and applies smoothly.

Next is a light pink shimmer. It has a very light look, less pigmented but seemingly purposefully. Again, applies smoothly.

Third (and my personal favorite) we have this gorgeous shade. At first seeming a light taupe-y shimmer, a brilliant gold duochrome comes out at the right angles. Plus, it goes on like buttah.

The fourth color is less a shimmer than satin. It's a warm medium brown color that's great for the crease on minimal makeup days.

 Rounding out the top row is this salmon shimmer. It's lovely for all over the lid. It's very soft, and very pigmented.

Starting in with the darker colors is this cool toned shimmery brown. Reminds me of the middle shade from a Wet n Wild Trio... Sweet as Candy. These darker shimmers all have beautiful formulas.

This is the most warm-toned color you'll get in the palette. It's a dark peach that looks nice dusted on the lower lashline, or paired with gold. No problems.

Like I said, the dark shimmers all have impeccable formulas. This one leans warmer and more golden than the previous.

The final shimmer shade, and second to last overall, this is a dark bronze. Lovely.

The only shade with any formula issues, the final dusty brown is nearly matte (probably lending itself to the issue). It suffers from patchiness, and features holographic glitter. Perfectly workable, but not up to the standards set by the rest of the palette.

Consensus: You need this palette. Lovely colors, near perfect formulas, and easier on the wallet than any other full price high-end palette you'll find. Oh, I didn't mention it was only 26 dollars, did I :)  You might not want it if you don't like shimmer, but perhaps you'll find something more your speed with the other two palettes in the collection. I know I've got my eye on both, especially the brights.


- Elizabeth Rose








No comments:

Post a Comment