Sunday, February 23, 2014

Review- NYC Applelicious Lip Balms

Hello! I am back with a brief review of the NYC Applelicious Lip Balms in.. uh... Applelicious Pink, Blushing Golden, and Caramel Apple. These are currently on clearance at Target, so if you like them, go for them now. I like them.

These are cute shimmery lip balms housed in a swivel up red plastic casing. It looks and feels cheap, but works, so I don't particularly care. The colour selection is five or six shades, of which I have swatches of three.


Apologies for the low quality photos, my camera is acting up, so the phone it is. This is my favourite colour, Caramel Apple. It's a pretty nude colour with far less shimmer than either of the others.


This is Blushing Golden, which was the first one I bought a few months ago. It's basically just shimmer that I find fun, but many may not like. It does have some grittiness, but it's only noticeable once the balm wears off.


And Applelicious Pink, which is far more pigmented than it appears here. It's a bright fuschia-pink with, again, shimmer. Not so much as Blushing Golden, but to be noted.


Top: Applelicious Pink, Middle: Blushing Golden, Bottom: Caramel Apple

The moisture on these is good for being relatively pigmented, quite comparable to Maybelline Baby Lips or the Covergirl Smoochies, though these are my personal favourites of those three. Overall I love these. The lasting power is ~2 hours, about as much as I get from anything, and they moisturize, to boot.

Buy before they're gone!

Love,
Elizabeth Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment